The safety of those attending the Fond du Lac County Fair is the top priority of the fair board and staff. Given circumstances in our community and surrounding communities beyond our control, the fair board will be implementing a youth admission policy as outlined below. This policy is similar to that of the one set forth for the Wisconsin State Fair, Dane County Fair, and other events and festivals across the country. Additionally, the policy was adopted based on recommendation from the Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office. We understand this may create an inconvenience for some, but ask for your cooperation to ensure our Fair is a safe, family-friendly event.
Beginning at 6pm daily, any youth age fifteen (15) years and under, will need to be accompanied by a guardian, age twenty-one (21) and over, in order to be granted admission to the fair.
The following Youth Admission Policy shall be enforced during the 2023 Fond du Lac County Fair:
- All youth age fifteen (15) years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian age twenty-one (21) and over to enter the Fond du Lac County Fairgrounds after 6:00 pm during the Fond du Lac County Fair.(This policy does not apply to the Fairgrounds pool or park at the north end of the property)
- Proper photo identification indicating age will be required to gain entry without a parent or guardian.
- FDL Fair staff and security reserves the right to request a valid photo ID with proof of age from any adult chaperoning minors.
- Adult chaperones must remain at the fair at all times when the youth admission policy is in place.
- Fond du Lac County Fair staff reserves the right to remove any unaccompanied youth age fifteen (15) years and under from the Fond du Lad County Fairgrounds after 6:00 pm.
- A guardian can accompany up to six (6) youth age fifteen (15) years and under.
- Credentialed youth Fair exhibitors are eligible to be exempt from this admission policy when wearing a designated wristband.
- Exceptions and changes to this policy are at the discretion of Fond du Lac County Fair Board and may be enacted at any time.
We understand this may create an inconvenience for some, but ask for your cooperation to ensure our Fair is a safe, family friendly event.
Inquiries or questions regarding this policy must be submitted to email@example.com .